Still raining this morning.
It wasn’t until just south of Gympie that we came across some flooded areas (not the roads, just the fields on the side of the road).
It became much more noticeable as we approached Maroochydore. I didn’t realise that we were staying right on the waterfront. I hope it stops raining soon!!

As it was only a short drive down and Ryan had a good nap we decided to go and visit Under Water World – a large aquarium with heaps of fish, crabs, turtles, crocodiles, otters and seals:


Ryan loved patting the starfish, ‘cuddling’ the turtles (through the glass) and cuddling the otters (statues):


We watched the seals performing and afterwards Ryan and I got to have a kiss with one of the seals (thankfully it kept it’s tongue in it’s own mouth – as did I!!).
We weren’t able to take our own photos (they don’t let other people close enough) so these are actually photos of the photos that we bought:


There as also an underwater viewing area for the seals and Ryan was ‘cuddling’ them though the glass:

On the drive down we went past another ‘big thing’ – the Big Ned Kelly. Apparently the Big Pineapple is close by so we’ll have to go and see that too!!
Quiz Question #35 – For how long can the Japanese Spider Crab live?
Rest Stops – None (just under 2 hours and Ryan slept almost the whole way!!)
Accommodation – Big 4 Maroochy Palms Holiday Village Sunshine Coast

No comments:
Post a Comment