Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 18 - Townsville

 
Another rainy day today. Every time I stepped outside to try and pack the car up it started drizzling!?!? I swear the weather is mocking me……

We drove around Mission Beach a little before we left, a pity about all of the rain as the beaches look quite nice.

Back to Townsville today as we start our journey south down to Brisbane over the next two weeks.

A little surprise for Kylie also. I booked us into the Holiday Inn for the next two nights – a little ‘luxury’ (and a hard bed)!

We went for a (quick) swim this afternoon in the (somewhat cold) roof top pool – on the 20th floor!! It’s a great view (from behind the high perspex fence):



Afterwards we went for a drive up the steep winding (and narrow) road to the Castle Hill lookout. You can see halfway to Cairns from up there (a pity I left the camera at the hotel)……..

Quiz Question #21 – What is the name of the main street leading from the Bruce Highway to Mission Beach (from the Cairns side)?

Rest Stops – Tully, Rollingstone

Accommodation – Holiday Inn
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful and sounds like you are having fun. The Holiday Inn sounds great (having stayed there for work and found it really comfortable). Life rolls on in sunny Darwin - all good here but you are missed.

    ReplyDelete