Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 21 – Airlie Beach

 
After another swim and play on the water slides this morning we went for a drive along the coast through Airlie Beach and Cannonvale looking for a beach to swim at (within the stinger safety nets of course).

Surprisingly we weren’t able to find any good ones (they were all fairly small or rocky) but we did drive past a the local marina where all of the rich people keep their ‘summer boats’:



What we did find though was the Airlie Lagoon which had huge swimming areas, a playground and a small beach area for the ‘beach feeling’ without the risk of jelly fish which are prevalent along most of the northern coast of Queensland:





I can’t get over the fact that people still ‘sun bake’ with all of the information about skin cancer. I saw so many ‘red lobsters’ at the lagoon that it was scary!!

There’s been a fair bit on the news about petrol prices in Queensland this week – usually the state with some of the lowest prices a ‘petrol price’ war had broken out with the news that Melbourne and Sydney prices have been lower lately.

We’ve seen some interesting prices in our travels. The lowest I’ve paid is $123.8 in Townsville with the highest that I’ve seen is $178.9 in Renner Springs (NT) (thankfully this was just a rest stop for us, not a petrol stop).

Quiz Question #25 – How many islands make up The Whitsundays?

Accommodation – Big 4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort Caravan Park
 

No comments:

Post a Comment